Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday May 5th

Today I rode my bike 6.5 miles. It wouldn't have been too hard if there wasn't a huge hill smack in the middle of the ride. I went past the community college and as I was resting, huffing and puffing by the side of the road someone honked at me. Out of encouragement or disdain I do not know.

I also swam. I did fifty 25-meter freestyle laps (1250 meters or 1373 yards). The swim distance is 1300 yards downstream. Of course I did rest in between laps. Now I need to work up to swimming the entire distance without stopping.

++++++++

Food diary:

Breakfast: Coffee with lowfat milk
Oatmeal with spoonful of honey and sprinkling of walnuts

Lunch: Smoothie (lowfat plain yogurt, banana, orange juice, peanut butter, frozen berries)

Snack: Veggie Booty, slice of cheese, handful of pistachios

Dinner: Chicken City

I also remembered to take my multi-vitamin, magnesium and fish oil capsule.

+++++++++

Recipe for Chicken City:
Brown rice
Chicken (easiest is to buy precooked whole chicken from supermarket)
Grape or cherry tomatoes
Avocado
Cashews
Fresh Lime
Cheese - shredded (I prefer sharp white cheddar)

Cook rice according to package instructions. Serve on plate and top with tomatoes, avocado, chicken, cashews and cheese. Finish with squeeze of lime for additional flavor.

2 comments:

earthmama said...

Damn girl! What a great day! You are on fire! Can't wait to hear more! Say, do you have a swim buddy? They are the best for keeping you going! Swimming is such an incredible workout! You feel it all over.

Lisa

Honorary Indian said...

Great training journal! I'm not even keeping one...just working out every day (with a day of rest).

As far as nutrition...well, can't keep me away from my red wine and chips and salsa.